About Me

My photo
i promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. –nina cassian

Monday, June 15, 2009

All kidding and jokes aside, I am really enjoying myself and IL. 

It's 3:30 a.m. Elei and I went to the Andersonville Street Festival today and then headed home and packed up to go to the beach. Being at the street fair was fab-- it was filled with greasy food, beer, bands, vendors, people (mostly gays) and sunshine. All I could think about was CA. Chicago is a beautiful place. Jun-October, it's gorgeous. It's obviously part of the Midwest, so the seasons and the weather are both constantly off the wall. It's the winters.. they are vicious.. they're brutal. If you can get through a Chicago winter, you can get through anything. I've gotten through 3, so I think I'm in pretty good shape thus far. 

I don't know how it would be to be in a place too long. Other than Michigan. I was forced into spending my childhood there, which was fine. You stay where your parents are, etc. Michigan is a beautiful place. I'm really quite proud of my roots actually. 

I want to feel the sun, the people outside exercising, the beach volleyball... every day of the year. So, ultimately, I guess Chicago isn't the place for me... and California might be. I have so many places I want to live. I wish I could give them all a test drive. I mean, I can. I just wish I could easier than moving my things 09234 miles to do it. Technically, I could. I realize this. There are storage facilities, etc.

 For now, I'm enjoying who I am, who you are, and where we are. Guess that's most important. 

None of this is what I came here to write...better luck next time. 

I have to be up at 6am. hahah. shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment