About Me

My photo
i promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. –nina cassian

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

boustrophedon

I can’t decide if it’s mature or naïve. To look at problems rather than solutions, to be interested in the complexity rather than the simplicity. I really, in all honesty, do not know.

What I do know, is that each time I do a clipping mask, I have to google it. Nokeair how many I’ve done. Have to. It’s like a pre-req. I also know that I need a thunderstorm, Michigan-Style. I need to drive up onto the beach and watch it come in, I need to sit in the four seasons room on the wicker couch surrounded by windows, thunder and lightning with chloegirl. I need that. What else do I know? Eh, I know nothing and that makes me stupendously knowledgeable.

OH! I know that I’m usually good with gut feelings, but with cab drivers, I’m not. I’m always nervous.

I had an amazing cab driver last night. He had a great attitude when I asked him first if it was OK that I used a card rather than cash. He was super sweet. I was forced into watching the Bone Collector for the second time in all of my life about… 4 months ago. I’m not joking when I say that I took the dvd out of my computer, grabbed the case, and threw it down the trash chute of my old building about 40 minutes into the film. I was devastated for the next week. I saw it once before, I was about 11 or 12. I was actually on vacation in Chicago when I saw it.

I used to love scary movies. I realized last fall that now I’m really just not into seeing violence at all. I really enjoy action movies, but too much violence just rubs me the wrong way. I’m not sure if it’s the fact that I’ve gotten accustomed to the fact that there is more violence where I am now and that I’ve seen some of these people in action, streets away from where I sleep each night… or if it’s just that I’ve grown out of seeing people tortured. I feel disgusting that I paid to see these sick thoughts represented so casually.

I need to find a medium. After I work and go to school all day…. if I go home and relax, I don’t get homework done which doesn’t work for me or Kerby.HA.. So, if I have caffeine at 3p, I get tired still. Yet, if I have it at 6p, I feel awake and cannot sleep when I lay down to wake up at 6:30a that morning.

On my list of movies to see:
EARTH- google this and watch the trailer. I cannot wait. Oh, geeze, don’t google it. Here:
http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/earth/

Whitney, this comes out April 22… so when you come here in May, I want to take you to it, like on a lil dateskies. MMK. ;)

Allright, peace folks.
















No comments:

Post a Comment