About Me

My photo
i promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. –nina cassian

Saturday, May 9, 2009

design won't save the world

Last night I headed over to a salon/spa opening with Kimcam. It was wonderful- free manicures, pedicures, facials, massages, waxing, etc.. eats, cocktails, networking. Loved it. Had 16 too many cocktails. After, headed over to a neighborhood karaoke bar and somehow didn't sing? That's got to be a first. Alex met up with us then. Alex stayed the night. I hogged the bed. Alex couldn't sleep. I'm a bad friend. OOPS.

My indy soccer team won our first game tonight. Don't mind if I mention that I assisted (exceptionally well, mind you) on one of the goals. This is a big deal because I'm obsessed with playing heavy defense - to the point where if I volunteer to play offense, I find myself out of my position 95% of the time. OOPS. 

Although, I was extremely torn up tonight. Back & left ankle - shredded. Walked all the way home from North Ave turf with new friend. A good two miles. Need to do that more often. Beautiful walk along lake and nature paths.. fresh air. I get home and sit in my bed because I'm exhausted. I get up to get into the shower and I can't walk. Literally. The shower was rough. Put some of this dragon cream or whatever on my ankle. Kim says dancers use it and they swear by it so I picked it up. Not sure about it yet, I'm sort of judgemental. OOPS. Hopefully that there little ankle is all set by tomorrow because I've got some things to do. 

Tonight, I found myself typing in jenniferwisniewski.com, this being after thinking about what my website could possibly be and helping a fellow critique his newly established site. Please visit the site. I spent a good 20 minutes reading through all the posts/comments/entries and when I got done... i was still pissed I couldn't have the URL. Which, is insane in the first place anyway... because I'm ultra positive no one would see my website if it was jenniferwisniewski.com because they wouldn't be able to get my name right. I don't know why I'm so mad about the URL. I then ended up researching why people hate gingers so much. Didn't find much... except a facebook group called "KICK A GINGER DAY." Not okay with this. Not even a little bit. 

I went too long without watching my shows and now it's an issue. Pissed.  

I want to put my new shelf up, although, I know I can't walk. Which means I cannot do something crazy with tools like put a shelf up. Not interested in holding my pride at the moment... so i'll be straight... those directions and manuals intimidate the shit out of me. The directions make it even more confusing. On top of the intent to create something huge out of 15 different plastic packages filled with things you've never seen before and not really even sure how they work. 

My eyes are closing. It's been a long haul today.

1 comment: