About Me

My photo
i promise to make you so alive that the fall of dust on furniture will deafen you. –nina cassian

Monday, May 18, 2009

I don't really have much to say because I'm not so great at blogging but I'm looking for an outlet. 

Mums, dave and kevs got a new pup. It's a husky mixed with lab.. i think? Anyway, mums promised that I get to name it. It's male. I thought of Scout (i like scout because i picture a cute lil bunkin in a freaking bandana running around) or Scott. My favorite boy name (Kayden) cannot be used for a husky. It's not husky-esque. Kayden is the name for someone who enjoys things like sailing and reading. 

I hope that within 3 years, I'm out of Chicago and exploring a different location. I hope that Kevs can find a college he wants to go to near me and move into a 2BR with me. I would be ecstatic. 

I don't know if I believe in love. Doesn't that sound generic? Naive? Bitter? It may sound something like all of those... or a mix of those + others... or none of them at all - guess it depends on the reader. Frankly, I'm not interested in what it sounds like. 

I just finished a book today. Highly recommended by everyone I know. Most of the things in the book I have read before. I think I believe a good percentage of them, but that doesn't mean I agree with them. I'm trying to make sense of it all and I cannot seem to. 

The book was about understanding relationships, the vast differences between men & women, etc. It's all pretty laid out, pretty flat + simple. I, for some reason, cannot put my head around the idea that any of us are that simple. 

How would being appreciated as a male figure override the joy and pride of seeing someone be willing to do things for themselves... and learn for themselves? To have ambition and motivation, to be intelligent and independent? Am I different than everybody or does seeing a woman say obnoxiously unknowledgeable words make her less desirable... as a friend, co-worker, potential girlfriend, etc?

I have to jet, my friend has crisis-central. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment